This installation requires a specific setup process, which involves creating a bootable USB drive with TelemetryOS, our dedicated operating system. Currently, TelemetryOS is compatible with devices using 64bit Intel architecture, 32bit is unsupported.
Before proceeding, it's important to note that the installation process requires a USB3 flash drive of at least 8GB. While a USB2 flash drive may be used, it could significantly slow down the installation process. Additionally, you will need a desktop computer to download the TelemetryOS ISO file and burn it onto the USB drive. This guide will provide step-by-step instructions to facilitate a smooth installation process.
- Obtain a USB3 flash drive with a minimum size of 8GB. Using USB2 may result in slow installation.
- Obtain the TelemetryOS ISO by contacting our support.
- Download the TelemetryOS ISO onto your desktop computer.
- Use BalenaEtcher to burn the ISO file to the USB.
- Remove the USB drive and insert it into the computer where you will display TelemetryTV. For now, the computer must have AMD64 architecture.
- Upon starting your computer, interrupt the boot and select the USB (select partition 1) to boot from. Typically, you can press F7 to interrupt the boot (this may vary depending on your device).
- Wait for the device to boot from the USB drive.
- Select "Install TelemetryTV Player."
- Wait 5-10 minutes for installation.
- The device will shut down when installation is complete.
- Turn on your device and wait for it to boot.
- Configure networking (either ethernet or wifi).
- Your device is now ready to use and can be paired with TelemetryTV.
By following these steps, you will successfully install the TelemetryTV Player and be ready to make full use of its powerful digital signage capabilities.
Updated about 1 month ago