Please Note: TelemetryTV Has Discontinued Support for iOS Devices
TelemetryTV no longer supports iOS devices. The TelemetryTV app has been removed from the Apple Store and will no longer receive updates. This is due to significant restrictions on the iOS platform that affect the app's performance for digital signage use.
iOS devices lack sufficient cache storage for the TelemetryTV app to function properly. Due to these technical constraints, our platform cannot adequately support iOS devices.
We advise against using iOS devices for digital signage. Instead, we suggest Android tablet devices. They offer better capabilities to run the TelemetryTV app, have ample cache storage, and guarantee optimal performance. With Android tablets, you can utilize the full range of TelemetryTV's features to deliver dynamic content across your locations.
Visit our hardware page for a list of all recommended devices.
However, if you still choose to use iOS devices, this guide will help you set up your devices.
Our software is compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad (5th Generation), running iOS 12.2 or later.
- Highly portable
- Great UX when used as interactive devices
- Limited screen size
- High cost
- The iOS app is limited to 50MB of cache storage. We recommend not displaying videos if you're using iOS.
There are two ways to set up your iOS devices: pairing and provisioning. This guide covers the pairing method, which is easy to set up and ideal for smaller deployments or testing.
- Download the TelemetryTV iOS App from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app. You'll see a six-digit pairing code.
- On your computer, navigate to the Devices page on your TelemetryTV account.
- Click "Pair", and enter the pairing code displayed on your device.
Guided Access restricts your iPad to a single app and allows you to control available features. Here's how to enable it:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, then tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode twice.
- Enable Face ID or Touch ID to end a Guided Access session (optional).
- Open the TelemetryTV App on your iPad, then triple-click the Home button.
- Circle any areas on your screen you want to disable touch for. Adjust or remove these areas as needed.
- Tap Start. Your iPad is now in Guided Access mode.
- Triple-click the Home or side button, then tap Options. If you don't see Options, repeat this step and enter your passcode.
- Enable the options you want, then tap Done.
Triple-click the Home button or side button, enter your Guided Access passcode, then tap End. If you enabled Touch ID or Face ID for Guided Access, double-click the Home or side button instead.
Updated 2 months ago